Monday, October 3, 2011

God, why do You let us suffer?

Have you ever, in your entire life, gone through a time when you felt so down, so beaten, so lost, that the only thought that kept repeating in your mind was: Please let this end, please... Then, when that didn't work or the situation just became worse, that popular question infiltrates your mind: God, why are You, the Almighty, letting this happen to me?

The truth is, I've asked that same question lots of times. I've even come to a point when I thought, "This isn't working. It's not making the sorrows and hardship go away. Maybe there is no God. Maybe I'm believing in the wrong teachings." And so I tried other things. I tried letting go of Jesus, because doubts were gnawing in my mind about him. What if He was only human, and not God's son after all? I tried believing in saints of certain things and prayed their novenas for passing, safety, etc. I even tried going into witchcraft.

How Satan gleefully enters when the vessel is filled with cobwebs of doubt and despair! It's so easy to fall into the wrong things. It's so easy to be swayed in one's belief, especially with the tiniest waver!

Having passed many storms, and even typhoons, in my life, I know that it's hard to see God in the midst of the chaos and pain. I know that there are lots of others out there who have suffered much more than I have so far, and if you have kept with God through it all, then I salute you. I am very proud and happy for you. *hug* On the other hand, for those who are currently suffering, floundering in an ocean of negativity and unhappiness, I would like to share with you what I learned to be the answer to the question bugging you now: Why is God letting us suffer? Why are you suffering even when you believe in Him?

Let me ask you this: When you were happy. When there were no storms in your life, did you turn to God everyday? Did you remember Him, not just as an obligatory hello before you close your day, but as your Lord and Father with whom you can share a precious moment with? Sometimes, God gives us a nudge when we're lost. When we don't listen, God has no choice but to give us a hard pull just to be able to save us and bring us back. When faced with mountain-like trials, remember that you are not alone. God is letting it happen to you because of one reason that encompasses it all: He loves all of us.

Ok now you think I'm crazy. God lets me suffer because He loves us??? What??? I know right? It sounds crazy. However, thinking back, every storm I have faced has constantly served two things:
1. It brought me closer to Him. Sometimes, it brought me back. I was lost, and that storm guided me back.
2. It served as a lesson to me, which I can use to relate to others, help them overcome their own storms and hopefully introduce them or bring them closer to the wonderful Lord who loves and protects.

Every time I weather a storm with God, I come out stronger, wiser, more whole. I have already known long ago that God always has a purpose for the things happening in our lives, but I have only come to fully understand and embrace it after my most recent typhoon, which is still actually pending resolution. But you know what? I'm not afraid or hopeless. I'm not perfect, and I'm not saying that I am 100% sure of myself or that I'm 100% comfortable with what is about to happen. No. I'm also besieged with worry sometimes. My gut twisted and butterflies panicked in my stomach just recently because of this storm. I feel that I'm currently in the eye of the storm, and soon it will be chaos. But there's something different this time around. This time, I'm sure I have God. I believe wholeheartedly that He is with me, and that whatever will happen, it will be for the good. Our God is merciful, and He will not forsake those who call on Him with heart, mind, and soul open. Remember that. Especially when facing your storm. He loves you. He loves you. And He lets you weather that particular storm for your good. Don't panic -- He's just always with You and He'll never let you fall.

Here is a video of the song I always listen to when faced with life's challenges. Hope it gives you the understanding, strength, and encouragement you need as you overcome your storm.



Wish you peace and strength! God bless! :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment